Tuesday, November 8, 2011

9 Months On, 9 Months Off

I've heard from a bunch of places that after having a baby, you need to give yourself at least 9 months to loose the baby weight. I'm happy to report that it worked for me. Woo Hoo! OK well, I don't know how much I actually weigh. The last time I weighed myself, a month ago, I had 7 pounds to go, but as of this weekend, I'm in my pre-pregnancy jeans! I did it with Weight Watchers. I didn't loose a single pound for months and months until I joined 2 months ago. I don't like to count calories nor can I find an exercise I like to do, but I looked into Weight Watchers and figured that I could do it. And I did! Funny thing, is that since Brady is eating what I eat, he's loosing weight too, without even trying. I'm going to continue tracking my points so I can reach my ultimate goal of reaching my pre-marriage weight.

I got some advice from some of you's about what to do with Ollie during the day. Thanks guys. I took Julie's and Shannon's advice and joined the play group in our ward. I went for the first time last week and it was nice to get outside and get to know some more of the awesome ladies in my ward. Thanks ladies!

On Friday, Oliver got his first fever. It was a side affect from one of the vaccines he got the day before. He was super whiny and the only time he would calm down was when I would put on an episode of "Yo Gabba Gabba". Luckily that kids show doesn't bother me so much.

Oliver's newest trick; pulling himself up to a standing position. Here's the weird thing, he doesn't crawl yet, despite an expert fast army crawl, he also cannot get himself into a sitting position from laying down. But if I sit him within 6 inches of the couch, there's a 85% chance that he'll be standing in 20 seconds, and then shuffling himself down the length of the couch then onto the wall. Whew. I'm afraid he'll be walking by Christmas. Yes, afraid, I'm not ready for my baby to start running around.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Both for loosing your unwanted lbs (still working on a few of mine, and Mr. S is 2 1/2!!) ANYWAY, also Congrats for joining up with your ward's playgroup. Other mommy friends will make a big bright spot in your life. Even now, I meet with 4 other moms every Wed and it is one of the highlights of my week.

    I'm excited to see Ollie in a few weeks. I'm dying to squeeze his cuteness and watch him play with my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its awesome to see you everyday in the clothes that you had given up on getting into again! You're looking great! I guess I am too...

    ReplyDelete