Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 17: I Want To Go To There

The movie I want to live in. I would probably first say Amelie, but I've already talked about that movie. So I thought about it some more and thought of another "French" movie. It's not actually a french movie but it's a period movie that takes place there.

Chocolat

When I think of Paris, I imagine it to be like Amelie, when I think of any other town in France, I think of this movie. It's a period movie, taking place in the early 60's, I believe, so I love the style of the fashion and the mannerisms. I'm sure you're really wondering why this movie? It's not exactly a fun setting. The people in the town are super conservative, which is the basis of the story. But the town folk are quirky and lovable, at least most of them.

The town is small and quaint, with old brick building with lots of character, just how I think all of Europe is. I know my well-traveled friends will snicker at that, but I live in a fantasy world when it comes to Europe.

Here are some other legit reasons I would like to live in this movie.

Aw yes, a cast of silly townspeople. It's really the people that make a town what it is, et al. Stars Hollow in Gilmore Girls. And they have awesome dinner parties where their turkey (or chicken) is covered in CHOCOLATE!

A charming shop filled with delicious, handmade chocolate owned and ran by a rebellious, yet kind, mystery lady. She wears red shoes (unlike the other mothers).

And above all:

Johnny Depp stops by! Johnny Depp, peoples! And in this small town, you know you'll get to rub elbows with him.

Chocolate and Johnny? Yup, I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment