Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 14: Guilty Pleasures

Oh. Guilty Pleasures. These are the movies I can't help but love no matter how bad they are. I don't really feel guilty for loving these. I enjoy them, I know other people that enjoy them. And they are just fun to watch. So lay off me! j/k

The Adventures of Huck Finn
I can't help myself here. I think this movie is great. No really, this isn't a bad movie. Disney did good here. Ever since I was a youngin, I loved this movie. It's not like I'm in love with Elijah Wood. I'm not, I just like him. But he is actually really good in this movie. He's totally committed to this character and is so fun-loving, I'm sure Mark Twain thought of Huck Finn like this more than the more sullen Brad Renfro version in Tom and Huck. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure because it's a Disney kids movie and most people have never even seen it, that I know of, and I get weird looks when people see that I own it. But I like it!

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
I'm sure most people watch this movie and think that it's really dumb. But I tend to make some awesome friends, and everyone that I associate with thinks that it's pretty great. This movie is so stinkin' hilarious to me. How hilarious? Brady and I still quote it, with a giggle. "THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!!" "'Chosen One! *quack*' 'I'm coming!'" Is it weird? Yes. Is the fight with the cow scene stupid? Absolutely. Do you own it? Heck yes I do!

The Faculty
Is this considered a horror movie? If so, I guess I do like a horror movie. And more Elijah Wood... Hmm. I saw this expecting a crap movie, and it is. Kind of, nothing ground breaking here, but it's awfully fun. I can't help myself. Maybe it's the over the top seriousness of the situation, and how everyone reacts. Maybe it's Josh Hartnett in his totally cute greasy days. I don't know.

Space Camp
OK, come on, admit it. This movie is awesome! Look at that cast! It's Leaf Phoenix! This movie is all types of amazing. Jinx and Max! The amazing belt that apparently extends to a thousand feet long in space! They go to space! Come on what's not to love. "It's Space CamP"!

1 comment:

  1. Nice choices, Nicole. "Max and Jinx friends forEEEEEver."

    ReplyDelete