Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 4: Oh the Drama!

I have to choose a favorite drama. This is uber difficult. Really, I should say Forrest Gump is my favorite drama, since it is my favorite movie, but that's no fun. I already talked about that movie. I love me a drama. It's probably my favorite genre. I love that story and character tends to be focused on in making these movies (or should be), and sometimes, if done well, really evokes some emotion. Well I decided to go through the movies that I actually own and list the one's I really love and can't decide should be the 2nd best, to Forrest Gump. I tried to stick to the ones that tend to make me cry. I also left off those that focused on a love story. And war movies.

Million Dollar Baby
An ugly cry movie.

Frost/Nixon
I didn't know anything about this story when I first saw it. I was amazed how much suspense it actually had.

The King's Speech
My favorite movie of 2010.

The Godfather
I'm one of the few people who like this first movie in the Godfather series more than Part 2. I think I like Marlon Brando's preformance too much.

Mr. Holland's Opus
Probably the first movie I really cried to when I was 13 or 14.

The Shawshank Redemption
Who doesn't get sucked in to this movie when channel surfing past TNT? I know I do. And so does my grandpa.

To Kill a Mockingbird
Oh, Atticus. I love...

On the Waterfront
Again, Marlon Brando amazes me. This is one of those movies I was sure would be boring, I don't know why, but I loved it. I'm pretty sure Martin Scorsese pulls inspiration from this movie.

Ah man, now I'm thinking of even more movies, like The Departed. So I must stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment