Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 3, Laughing times ahead.

Today is my favorite comedy. This one was easy for me to figure out, but I'm mentioning two anyways. These are movies that I laugh at every time I watch them, even after many viewings.

Wayne's World

I know this movie is sooo 1992, but the laughs deliver great today, in my opinion. Plus it's immature, but it's not so much potty humor, so I really like this kind of immature humor. There are amazing quotes that make me giggle every time I watch this movie.

Stacy: Well, don't you want to open your present?
Wayne: If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset.
Stacy: Open it.
Wayne: OK. What is it?
Stacy: It's a gun rack.
Wayne: A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?

Wayne: I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored.

Wayne: Hi. I'm in Delaware.

This movie also reminded us that Bohemian Rhapsody makes for a great road trip song, which is a staple if Sarah and I are driving anywhere together. Wayne's World moves are mandatory.

I didn't see Wayne's World until I was in college, but I remember when it came out. I was in Safford along with a bunch of other family. All of the boy cousins, who were all older, went to go see this movie. Since it was PG-13, none of the girls got to go (I was 9 at the time). I was pretty jealous, maybe not because I necessarily wanted to see it, probably just because since my teenage cousins wanted to see it, it must be cool! They quoted it all day after they got back.

Clue
Like Wayne's World, I didn't see this movie until I was in college, which is probably a good thing because I don't think I would have gotten it at a young age. My love for Clue runs deep. I love the absurdity of this movie. I don't even know what to say to convey my admiration. Here some quotes of awesome exchanges.

The Motorist: Where is it?
Wadsworth: What? The body?
The Motorist: The phone. What body?
Wadsworth: There's no body. Nobody. There's-there's nobody in the study.

Mr. Green: So it was you. I was going to expose you.
Wadsworth: I know. So I choose to expose myself.
Colonel Mustard: Please, there are ladies present!

Wadsworth: Miss Scarlet seized the opportunity, and under cover of darkness, got to the library, where she hit the cop whom she'd been bribing on the head with the lead pipe. True or false?
Miss Scarlet: [impressed] True! Who are you, Perry Mason?

Wadsworth: Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you.
Mr. Green: You're a bit late for that! I hate it when he does that.
Mrs. White: Ahhh!

Mrs. White: [shatters glass] PLEASE!

Wadsworth: The game's up, Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.
Miss Scarlet: Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick?
Wadsworth: It's not a trick. There was one shot at Mr. Boddy in the Study; two for the chandelier; two at the Lounge door and one for the singing telegram.
Miss Scarlet: That's not six.
Wadsworth: One plus two plus two plus one.
Miss Scarlet: Uh-uh, there was only one shot that got the chandelier. That's one plus two plus *one* plus one.
Wadsworth: Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus *two* plus one plus one.
Miss Scarlet: Okay, fine. One plus two plus one... Shut up! The point is, there is one bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it!

My favorite character by far is Mrs. White, played awesomely by Madeline Kahn. Her character is so calm and speaks quietly. Even when she's expressing her hatred for Yvette her voice doesn't raise, just hilarity. And in case you didn't catch it, I quoted her in the below post about The Wedding Date. The only time Mrs. White really gets loud is when she yells "PLEASE!" at a rather random moment in the movie. Love her. And love this movie.

Flames!

No comments:

Post a Comment