Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random thoughts, fact, and figures

I bought maternity clothes. I went to Motherhood Maternity since they seem to have the best prices. On Saturday I went and bought 2 dresses and a pair of jeans. Love the jeans. When I tried the dresses on at the store, I thought they looked great. The next day I planned to wear one to church, but I put one on and saw not a pregnant me, but a fat me. I had a little break down. Brady consoled me and I wore a skirt that fit ok, but I'm sure I won't be wearing it again for a while. I'll have to try the dresses again next week.


Yesterday, I got tired of not being able to button any of my work pants, so back to MM I went and bought a couple pair and a few shirts as well. I'm wearing the pants, but they're still a little loose.


I talked to a girl on Sunday during Relief Society, we've never really talked before and she seems about my age, if not younger. She asked if I had kids, and I told her, one on the way. She asked how far along I was and I said, 21 weeks. Her eyes got really big and said, you don't look pregnant at all. After my break down over my body that morning, I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or if it added insult to injury. So I just said, "yeah? I guess so."


I've gained 15 pounds in this pregnancy so far. I feel every ounce of it when I climb the stairs at work to the 3rd floor. I just hate using the elevator.

This movie made me cry.

But so did this show

I'll blame the hormones.


I have a co-worker on my team who is also pregnant. Our due dates are only one day apart. Which is pretty cool. We're both having boys. We swap stories and experiences we're having.



Brady and I are going to do cloth diapering. It may sound crazy, but I'm doing it more for economical reasons. We're buying them slowly until we have as many as we feel is necessary. I was always leery of the idea until I listened to a podcast talking about. They sold me on the idea, and Brady was on board with no problems with it. We're going to use the Bum Genius One Size 4.0. They have the best reviews.

I have no idea, what else to do to prepare for this baby. When should I buy stuff? After the baby shower? I don't even know what is essential things to register for. What brands are best? I don't want to go over board on a bunch of stuff that I'll never use.

I'm trying to decide on whether to take birthing classes. It costs money, which is precious to us these days, but maybe I'll learn a lot more than what I'm reading in my book.

I hate blogging on a PC.

3 comments:

  1. start buying bigger size clothes now. I wish we would of. Come Christmas time Holly has NO clothes. Everyone gets you newborn and 0-3 month clothes for your baby shower. and then you are left to get all the stuff on your own. So every payday we go to clearance racks at target and other stores and look for clothes. We even bought Holly shorts for next summer for a buck 75 at target on clearance! Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim, shop clearance. Target and Kohls usually has sweet deals and even WalMart if you're not to good to shop there :) That's what 98% of Kambry's wardrobe consists of is clearance. If you're going to buy bigger sizes stay clear of outfits and just get separates. For instance Kambry wears a 2T/3T top but can wear 18mo bottoms so if you get a 2T outfit she'll grow out of the shirt before she'll ever be able to wear the pants. Just make sure you have your big stuff, you know crib, car seat stroller and all that and then wait after the shower and see what else you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you're having a boy!! I can't wait to see him. I can't believe you're already half way there. Being half way is hard though, for me at least. I didn't look pregnant.....but I definately wasn't thin haha. It's almost a relief when that belly starts to pop out. Good for you for going with cloth diapers. It can really save you a lot of money and, from what I hear, they've comee a long way and the ones they have now are really great. As for what to buy....I think it's really overwhelming to shop for baby stuff for your first. There is SOOOO much stuff out there. If you don't know what it is, you probably don't need it haha And I didn't learn anything from my birthing class that I hadn't already read in a book. Kyle never took a class and he did fine too.

    ReplyDelete