Thursday, August 26, 2010

Last weekend...

I'm amazingly almost done with work for today, so I thought I'd take a break and tell about my weekend with Madre (as Sarah would say).

To burn off some extra vacation hours I have, I took Friday off to spend the day with mom, just her and me. Her school is doing a 4 day school week this year so she has every Friday off (jealous). We started out getting pedicures, which is always a nice treat. My toes weren't looking pretty this summer. Afterwards we met up with Sarah for lunch at Olive Garden for soup, salad, and bread sticks. It was pretty good. I didn't tell my mom (until now, I guess) that I had Olive Garden two days before than because of a work team lunch. But no worries, I really like their salad, and that one breadstick really was the best breadstick I've ever had at that restaurant. MMMM.

Sarah went back to work and mom and I went to Babies R Us. I've only been to this place twice in my life and, it's been a while. We walked down every isle while my mom told me things like, "you don't need this", "I had something like this for you", and "I don't know how you survived!" (safety requirements were pretty lax when I was a baby). We got giddy with excitement many times. The word "cute" came out of my mouth way too much. After about an hour and a half, maybe two hours, my mom bought the "first gift". It's the most adorable outfit that I'll show in a later post. I can hardly wait for my 6 month old baby to wear it.

We went to Kohls so mom could buy some clothes and we looked at maternity stuff. Ugh, I'm not wanting to wear maternity clothes. I know there are some cute stuff out there, but the idea that I have to buy these expensive clothes to wear for less than a year is frustrating to me. I can't bring myself to committ. My mom bought me a simple shirt that was on sale, so I have something, but baby has got some growing to do before wearing it.

Amazingly that took our whole day. We lounged around at Sarah's house for a couple hours, just chatting before I went home to hang with Brady.

On Saturday, I went to see "Eat, Pray, Love" with the fam, and Brady, surprisingly, volunteered to come along. He felt bad for subjecting me to a movie the night before called "Brotherhood of the Wolf", boring, slow, dumb, too long. I don't know if I was comparing E,P,L to BotW, but I actually thought it was good. But it was also a little slow and a little too long.

Anyways, that's it, that's what we've been up to. The End.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I loved spending the day with you. Thanks for being such a wonderful daughter. Also thanks for eating at Olive Garden again, haha. I Love You

    ReplyDelete