Thursday, June 3, 2010

TV still lives!

In February or March, Brady and I were enjoying the last season of LOST, but feeling pangs of sadness knowing that in May, it will all end. What were we going to do after it's over? We enjoy having a show to follow that has amazing characters and amazing moments that keep us coming back for more. We do watch other shows, but only comedies, really. 30 Rock is our absolute favorite. We catch The Office if we're home. And I started watching Parenthood, and I'm enjoying it, and Brady will even watch it with me most of the time. I also watch Modern Family, but not with Brady, we never think about watching it when it's actually on TV. But it seemed that, for us, great TV is coming to an end.

Then! Brady did a brilliant thing and Netflixed Season 1, Disc 1 of Mad Men.
I've heard from multiple sources that this show was great. It's only been on for 3 seasons and it's already won 2 Emmy's for Beast Drama Series, so I think that's saying something. We watched that first disc in one night and we were quite intrigued. We got disc 2 and flew through that one. This show was already blowing us away! We borrowed seasons 1 and 2 from Paula and Evan, since we couldn't wait 2 days between getting each disc in the mail, and we were officially hooked. We netflixed season 3, and that season ended so good! Now we're waiting for season 4 to start in July.

It feels good to have something to look forward to. I don't watch as much TV as I used to. I don't even watch as many movies as I used to. But deep down, I love movies and television. I love a compelling story, with awesome characters and great writing to go with it.

I do have my guilty pleasures too. I really like Glee. Brady is very vocal about his hate for Glee, (he doesn't know whether it's a comedy or a drama), so I watch it at work in the corner of my computer screen every Wednesday. I also have an on again, off again, relationship with The Hills. So bad, I know. But watching stupid people makes me feel better about my life sometimes.

Back to Mad Men. IMDb describes the show like this:

A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.

Jon Hamm's Don Draper is definitely one of the best character created. Such an intriguing guy. I watch this show and think, "I should hate this guy. But I don't!" Just so cool. He can sell anything:


You know you'd buy it!

And he's handsome too!



I could go on about the love we have for this show but I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment