Friday, April 30, 2010

Past Times: A Disneyland Twofer, October 2009

I haven't done Past Times in a while so I thought I'd blog about when we went to Disneyland two weekends in a row! Yeah, I know, crazy. Here's what happened. Last summer, while visiting Dad, he blurted out that we should all go to Disneyland together the next time they went, most likely in the fall. We, Sarah and I, thought that sounded awesome, but didn't hold much hope that it would actually happen. A few months later, in September, our friends Paula and Evan said that we should go to Disneyland together while visiting a friend in Anaheim. We started planning that trip and had the weekend picked out, when I got an email from my dad inviting us to go with his family. They were going the weekend before we were to go with the Paula and Evan. After much discussion, Brady and I decided to go ahead and do both weekends. We bought a 5 day pass to Disneyland and to make our hotel costs cheaper we decided to camp at an RV park. Sounds insane, but it was really quite nice. So here are pictures of our time at Disneyland. It's a lot of pictures so I'll try to keep the words to a minimum.

We planned on camping so we bought a tent. Here's Brady practicing putting it together.

Arrived at the RV park in the morning.

Waiting for Autotopia

Dad, Valerie, Doug, Stacey, Sarah, Me, Brady, Maverick, Quincy

To embarrass Sarah

I've never taken my picture by the "N" because I think that's a lame thing to do. But Sarah and Brady told me that I had to.

Sarah and Dad were both carrying backpacks full of snacks and would hold them like this to get to the food.

Here's a character, Sully, the only picture of one that I got.

California Adventure was under major construction. The lake looked like this.

Walls everywhere!

The morning of our 2nd day.

Toy Story Mania is awesome!

We did not plan this picture.

Some random kids. We thought it was really funny.

These guys were delightful. The short guy on the end was practically performing exclusively for Brady and me. It was cute. When they were done, and we were about to walk away, he called out to us that we were great. I love Disneyland.
We waited for Fantasmic for 5 hours!

Awww...Quincy's ridiculous blue eyes. Contacts.

The new Fantasmic dragon was awesome!

I love the Steamboat Willie Mickey

It's a Small World!

We (or at least, Brady), got soaked!

Week 2 with Paula and Evan

Brady had just gotten his new glasses and looked hot!

What was this? I can't remember.

The only way The Haunted Mansion should be.

In memory of Packer Floppyhead

Brady had never been on the Alice in Wonderland ride. I thought it was time for him to go, so I took him. It was a lot of fun.

Paula and me

Evan's best friend, Shaun, worked at Disneyland performing the "Turtle Talk with Crush". So we went to the show while he performed. It was cute and he called on Brady and nicknamed him "Biscuit shreddin Brady". Don't know why.

Waiting to get into the Blue Bayou restaurant.

We had heard that the best thing to get at the Blue Bayou was the Monte Cristo, so we all got it. Big mistake. None of us were really impressed. I get nauseous looking at this picture. But hey, if that's your cup of tea, by all means, try it.

I hate, hate, It's Tough to be a Bug show. However, Brady had never seen it, Paula loves it and thought it would be fun to go, and see me freak out. So we went and I did freak out, even screaming at the spiders. *shudder*

Dole pineapple ice cream is delicious.


There was more to both trips, (sicknesses, explosion of fireworks while sleeping), but I thought I shouldn't make this post really long.

1 comment:

  1. I think that they were doing the book of mormon stories actions next to the Indian statue. I think

    ReplyDelete