Monday, December 14, 2009

Killing Time: Our weekend and Animated Movies

Since AVT is down here at work, and I can't do any work without it, I decided to blog.


Brady and I got most of our Christmas shopping done on Saturday. We hadn't even started yet so we left the house around noon and were done by 2pm. Sweet. I just need to get one more thing for Brady and my mom.


This week Brady and I also bought LOST season 5 on DVD and finished watching it on Saturday. I die a little inside thinking that the show will be over over in May. But at the same time I can't wait to see how it ends. LOST is the greatest show ever created.


On Sunday, we went over to Brady's parents house to visit Shannon and our nephews. They got in on Saturady night and are here until after New Years. Rafe and Skye are both at fun ages. Rafe is 3 and is fun to talk to and right now is really into trains. Skye is 6 months and smiles all the time and rolls around like crazy. They're both so cute. Being an aunt is fun, I love it. Rafe's 3rd birthday party is on Saturday, and I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures.


On Saturday, I bought some cheap gloves (2 pair for $1.50) and took one pair and cut the finger tips off to make hobo gloves. At work I sit in the coldest cube in the whole building. Cold air is blowing on me all day, so I have to wear my sweater all day and since my hands are usually really stiff by 2pm, I needed a solution.






I came across this article on EW.com asking if the best movies this year were animated movies. I have to say "yes".


Brady and I usually optioned to see animated movies this year than live action. Hollywood, just didn't put out fantastic, must see movies this year, at least in my opinion. I loved 500 Days of Summer (my favorite of the year), Star Trek, Julie and Julia, and some others, but I expected to like those. The ones that surprised me were films, like Up, Coraline, 9, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox. We even saw A Christmas Carol in 3D, with Jim Carey, and I loved it. Yeah, the story is nothing different than any other version of A Christmas Carol, but this one was emotional, adventurous, and even had a lot suspense at one point.


We haven't seen The Princess and the Frog yet, but we will, because we see animated films, and I haven't heard a bad thing about it yet.


Is anyone else disappointed in this years movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment