Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

No pictures were taken this weekend but I wanted to let everyone know what we did. Our weekend began, for me at least on Friday, when I was allowed to go home 2 hours early from work. (Nothing gets done at UoP on Halloween.) I bought a new Photoshop magazine and went home to clean so we wouldn't have to do it on Saturday. Brady got home a little early and so we decide to go out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, which was delicious.

We wanted to go see a movie and wanted to see something Halloweenie and since "Paranormal Activity" is not our kind of movie we decided to see "Zombieland". I loved this movie. I was pretty sure it would be funny but it exceeded my expectations. I don't really care for zombie movies, either. Woody Harrelson was amazing in it. There are moments I just can't describe because they were just so perfect. I just have to recommend it, whether you like zombie movies or not.

On Saturday, Brady and I woke up early. I don't know why. But we got more house cleaning done and now our bedroom is finally spotless and we hung up our posters we got at the MoMA in New York. We had Paula and Evan coming over as well as Brian and his girlfriend, Catherine to watch some movies. We went to the store to by some snacks and Evan called and canceled because Paula was sick, sad times.

Brian and Cat arrived around 4:30. They brought "Sleepy Hollow" to watch but wanted to wait until later to watch it, so it would be dark, since neither one of them had seen it. Brady and I didn't have any good scary movie to contribute so we browsed Brady's Netflix on his xbox. We all thought "Interview with a Vampire" was a great choice, Brian and I had seen it and liked and Brady and Cat hadn't seen it. It was fun watching it with Brady, since he jumped a couple times.

After the movie, we went and got pizza at Oregano's. It was super yummy. Then went back to our place to watch "Sleepy Hollow". This was definetly a better Halloween movie since it's more scary.

Brady and Brian played some Call of Duty because it has a game called "Nazi Zombies" and Brian was loving it. By this time it was 10:30ish and we headed over to my old roommates place, the Dead End House, to check out their party. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to Julie and Jennifer and leave, which was everyone else's plan as well. We were there for probably 15 minutes, I talked to the girls, talk to Julie about her getting engaged, and then we got out of there and away from the weird awkward single people. ;)

The night was not over yet. We got back home and Brian wanted to 3 strike a movie from the Netflix called "Red Line" he had heard it was terrible but it had nice fast cars. The rating that netflix had on this gem was 1.5 stars out of 5. Not a good sign. It was really bad and didn't make it to 15 minutes.Do Not Watch This Movie!

Sunday was good because we didn't have to teach our Sunday School class. The stake did a lesson with all of the youth about Family History search. I thought it was a little interesting, but I remember being 14 and being bored stiff with that stuff. Poor kids. I also talked to someone new in Relief Society. Brady and I are trying to be more social and nice to the other couples in our ward. It's a slow work in progress, we're not good at being outgoing and social.

We went home and made Chicken Pot Pie, which turned out pretty good, taste wise. We were able to just relax. I was able to get some photoshop practice done and Brady was able to read. Pretty perfect Sunday, topped off with baking cookies. Yummy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Evan and I have been meaning to watch Interview with the Vampire again, but never get around to it. I do like sleepy hollow! I am sorry we missed all the fun!

    ReplyDelete