Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just some updates

I realized that I haven't updated the blog on what we've been up to... Which is nothing. We've been keeping busy but nothing too exciting. Brady is starting an internship at a company that does private voice and instrument lessons and other classes called "Voices". He'll be helping out with a "news video" they do that plays in their lobby. We're pretty excited about it.

I just finished my 3rd week of my Baseball Film class. It's going pretty good. I've seen some good movies so far and I feel I'm actually learning something too. I haven't been stressed out yet either, which is pretty amazing. I've recently finished taking some Photoshop classes at work, which I really liked doing. University of Phoenix offers courses to employees called ACU's, it's basically a way to get out of work, learn something awesome, and get paid for it.

I'm looking forward to June being over. We have fun things coming up in July. Brady and I recently bought our tickets to go back east to visit Brady's sister Shannon who just had a baby, which I mentioned in a previous post. We fly out in 16 days, July 4! Woo hoo! And we'll be back east for 8 days. Brady keeps telling me that there is nothing to do in Nashua, NH, which is where Shannon lives, so I should be prepared to get bored. But I found these pictures of Nashua on Google.
How pretty is that? If I have to spend all day outside, I think I'll be ok.

One of the days we're probably going to go to Boston and take a lookie around. I've never been there, so I hope we do, and I hope we come across this place:
Doesn't it look like Diagon Alley from Harry Potter!?

My friend, Paula, suggested to me to take a detour to Concord, MA to visit the Louisa May Alcott house.
I'd be all for it, but knowing I'm the girliest girl on this trip, it probably won't happen.

On July 10th, Brady and I will break away from the rest of the family and finish our trip in the Big Apple!
I'm so so so so so excited! I went to New York once when I was 15, and although we went for 2 days, I only went into the city one day. I was really tired by that time on that trip I stayed in New Jersey with our cousin Cecily. I'm looking forward to do things I missed out on last time, like Central Park.
Rockefeller Center
Union Square
And Tine Fey!
This is the hotel we'll be staying at: Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel.
This is the lobby, it's all retro 60's style.
What's awesome is that the 11th is our 1st anniversary, and we'll be in New York all day! How perfect is that? Funny how things work out. Best trip ever? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You need to take some sort of 30 rock picture at Rockefeller Center. Evan and I will think of a scenario and send you with a prop... what to do, what to do? Hmmm.

    I am so excited for you guys! Take tons of pics so we can come see them afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole and Brady!
    That sounds like so much fun! and you get to see the new baby! Yea! I loved Boston, i want to go again someday! =) I am so jealous you get to go to New York, somday.... Have a great day!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete